Quad Graphics, one of the world’s largest providers of print and multichannel solutions, has invited the CSCMP Milwaukee and guests to a facility tour of their Sussex, Wisconsin plant. On this tour, Quad Graphics will share with the group how the Quad process takes raw materials to finished goods through best practices developed over their history from a one room print provider to the global brand name the organization has become today .
We will have the opportunity to learn about production process, warehouse and materials management, autonomous equipment utilization, and how Quad Graphics is further driving efficiency through today’s technologies.
DATE: November 16th, 2017
TIME: 4:45pm to 6:00pm (tour begins promptly at 5pm)
LOCATION: Quad Graphics, N61 W23044 Harry’s Way, Sussex, WI 53090
REGISTER ONLINE »
Registration deadline: This event has a maximum number of 20 registrants. Once the maximum number is achieved, the event will be closed.
This event is not open to direct competitors of Quad Graphics. No open toed shoes are allowed on this tour.
See you there !
Riverboat Networking Social – Happy Hour Cruise @ Port of Call Bistro
Sep 14th @ 5:00 pm
Join the CSCMP for Milwaukee’s favorite after work party – The Edelweiss Happy Hour Cruise!
Cruise along the Milwaukee River and the shoreline of Lake Michigan while networking with fellow supply chain professionals and enjoying unlimited vodka lemonades and appetizers. A cash bar will also be available for the duration of the cruise.
Please feel free to invite your spouse, co-worker, or friends!
GLENDALE — On Sept. 17, 2015 a group of 30+ supply chain professionals and students got a firsthand look at one of the premier distribution centers in the region: the 1 million sq. ft. Florsheim Inc. facility at 333 W. Estabrook Blvd.
Led by Tom Florsheim, Jr. (Chairman and CEO of Florsheim parent Weyco Group) and Jim Kehoe (VP-Distribution), the tours guided attendees through the high-volume order picking and packing operation in full swing, which handles average daily shipping of 30,700 pairs of shoes, with a peak of up to 44,000 during holiday shopping.
The leaders of this historic company (founded in 1892) also gave extensive context to the distribution challenges by briefing attendees on shoe design, marketing, and retail and online sales support for its five premier brands: Florsheim, Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams, BOGS and Umi.
The historic Estabrook Park Biergarten, along the banks of the scenic Milwaukee River, hosted the reception after the tour. Attendees sampled authentic German beer from the famous Hofbräu brewery in Munich, as well as brats and giant pretzels.
Supply chain firm ClearView Audit co-sponsored both events with Florsheim and CSCMP-Milwaukee. Stay tuned for more upcoming events, including a golf outing at Kohler in October!
Photos by Alicia Pressley
On Tuesday morning, June 30, CSCMP members and friends including seasoned export specialists and those just beginning in the export world, had the unique opportunity to hear from Sandra A. Scott, Senior Director of Compliance at SEKO Logistics, on the following topics:
- INCO Terms
- Commercial Documentation
- Export Controls
- Foreign Trade Regulations,
- CTPAT, and more!
On Thursday, April 30, a group of CSCMP members and friends gathered at Miller Park, the home of the Milwaukee Brewers, for an in-depth technical tour followed by an informal reception and presentation on sustainability initiatives …
As part of our commitment to developing the next generation of global supply chain leaders, the Milwaukee Roundtable is sponsoring an outstanding student of supply chain management to attend the 2016 CSCMP Annual Global Conference! The conference will be taking place from the 25th to the 28th of September in Kissimmee, Florida. Annual Conference Keynote speakers at the event include Captain Scott Kelly Seth Bodnar (Chief Digital Officer at GE).
In addition to attending sessions and networking with top global supply chain professionals, the selected student will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to support the CSCMP staff with the logistics of running the Annual Conference. Other benefits to the student include:
- Participate in CSCMP’s 2016 Student Recruitment Day.
- Participate in CSCMP’s 2016 Global Student Challenge.
- Interact with seasoned supply chain management professionals and CSCMP staff.
- CSCMP will provide the selected student with shared hotel accommodations and meals from Sept. 24 through Sept 29.
- The Milwaukee Roundtable will provide the selected student with roundtrip airfare to San Diego and a stipend for additional meals and expenses.
- Applicant must be a student member of CSCMP and affiliated with the Milwaukee Roundtable. He/she must also retain this membership status at the time of the Annual Global Conference in September 2016
- Applicant must commit to arriving at the conference location in Kissimmee on Tuesday, Sept. 25 and depart no earlier than 2:00pm on Wednesday, Sept. 28.
- Applicant must submit an updated resume and response to one of the following essay questions (in PDF of MSWord format) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
- Question 1: In 500 words or less, identify and discuss a critical supply chain management challenge that businesses in the United States face today. Be sure to include suggestions for how to address this challenge.
- Question 2: In 500 words or less, describe the path that led you to pursuing an education in supply chain management, and how you hope to make an impact as a future supply chain management professional. Please be as specific as possible.
- Application deadline: August 12, 2015 at 5:00pm CST
Questions? Please contact Brad Hollister (Communications Chair for the Milwaukee Roundtable) at email@example.com or 608-712-6827.
On February 26, a large group from the Milwaukee CSCMP Roundtable participated in an in-depth operational tour of one of the nation’s leading Less-than-Truckload carriers. The tour included a behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of more than 2,000,000 lbs of LTL freight as trucks arrive and dispatch line haul shipments for destination terminals.
On November 20, 2014, a group of more than 30 supply chain professionals and students took a tour of ABB’s Low Voltage Drives production facility, featuring inbound to production, assembly and finished product Supply Chain. The tour began at ODW Logistics (Waukesha, WI) and concluded at ABB’s facilities in New Berlin, WI. Participants were treated to a true demonstration of…
- LEAN manufacturing and state of the industry technology;
- Inbound materials management,
- Four-hour Kanban fulfillment to ABB’s production line, final assembly and shipment of ABB’s product,
… all supported by real-time visibility: delivering the right material to the right place at the right time.
Supply chain leaders from both ABB and ODW also shared information on career opportunities at their respective companies, making the event particularly valuable to students seeking internships and full-time employment as supply chain professionals.
On July 31, 2014, a group of approximately 30 CSCMP members and friends toured of the Case New Holland Industrial Plant in Racine – home of the Case IH Magnum & New Holland T8 Tractors. The walking tour included seeing the tractor and transmission assembly lines and machining area. Following the tour, several participants gathered at The Chancery restaurant for lunch and networking.
This morning I awoke in Budapest and reflected on the past two weeks of traveling for business in the Middle East and Europe. My trip started in Dubai, then to Istanbul and then Budapest. While the agenda was packed, I took a few minutes while in Dubai to get to the CSCMP.org website to see who the Dubai Roundtable President was. Next – a quick note to Dr. Kanak Madrecha to see if he might have time to join me for dinner.
Dr. Madrecha and I in Dubai
The stars were aligned as Dr Madrecha made time to come meet with me by the Dancing Water Fountain and we shared some dinner and conversation. Through CSCMP, we are able to connect with talented supply chain professionals throughout the world. I introduced Dr. Madrecha to some of our Dubai based team members. We conversed about events and made some preliminary plans to perhaps speak at a May event.
Whether you travel domestically or internationally – take the time to connect – it’s so easy and a great value through CSCMP. You can also be the conduit to connect others to CSCMP.
I also have had some time to reflect on the past year of being the Milwaukee Roundtable President. We have an impressive board of talented and energetic professionals and faculty. From the relaunch of the RT in October of 2012 to now – I couldn’t be more proud of what the Board has accomplished:
- 5 events with 257 attendees and 2 board dinners
- 1 student sponsored to Annual CSCMP Conference
- Membership grew by 90%
- Financials doubled through events
- We’ve partnered with 2 other RT’s on events
- We have a plan to hold 20 events in the coming year
Are you connected to CSCMP Roundtables? If not, you’re missing a great opportunity to develop and build connections.
President, CSCMP Milwaukee Roundtable
Learn more about Claudia »